Tuesday 8 July 2014

Melissa and Doug's Stamp-a-Scene Rubber stamps

Last Friday, our search for the Rainbow loom kit brought us to Journey Toys in Abu Dhabi City but unfortunately, we weren't able to buy one because all the kits have already been sold or reserved (those kits were already from their new stock). We decided to buy something, just so we won't go home empty-handed (after seeing all those toys, it's kinda hard not to buy anything...).

There were many toys to choose from but considering my budget and my daughter's interests, we bought this Melissa and Doug Stamp-a-Scene Rain Forest theme rubber stamps that I thought she would love. When at home, she would ask me to draw different shapes on her hand which she would proudly show to our neighbors (or to anyone she meets), that's why I thought she would love this. And she did! :)

99 dirhams

In the short time that she played with the stamps, her hands looked like this:

not messy yet...

how we used the stamps. i'm no artist, sorry :p

The stamp set included 5 colored pencils but for our little project, we used our own colored pencils. Aside from the rain forest theme, farm animals and fairy garden themes are also available at the store.
The ink was easy to wash of her hands (and arms, and face) though I haven't tried washing it off from her clothes. I read product reviews for this toy online and I would have to agree with the other moms out there who think this set definitely need a cover. Anyway, I just kept all the pieces in a ziploc bag so I don't misplace anything.



WHERE TO BUY|:

Journey Toys15th Street and Old Airport Road
                        Telephone no. 02 441 1208










No comments:

Post a Comment